Iliad have a proven track record of developing diverse, exceptional quality projects across multiple sectors and cities throughout the north of England.
Layla Hotel was a natural progression for the group in realising the potential for Liverpool to reinvent itself as a thriving, truly world-class destination. In 2006, Iliad started work on restoring the beautiful former Municipal Annexe at 68 Dale Street to create Liverpool’s first five star boutique hotel.
Designed by F & G Holme as the base for the Conservative Club in 1883, Municipal Annexe later became the administrative headquarters of Liverpool City Council until being vacated prior to Iliad’s proposal for a complete and empathetic restoration.
Iliad understood the historic significance this building holds in Liverpool’s heritage and, following strict conservation guidelines, the group took this previously unloved and unoccupied landmark building and created a true work of art. Architects and contractors worked tirelessly on every aspect of the original building, highlighting the many extremely intricate architectural feats implemented by F & G Holme during its original construction in the late 19th Century.
In 2013 Iliad sold their stake in Layla Hotel to a Dubai-based investment vehicle and the building is now occupied by the boutique upmarket DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel.